Mahathir calls the Chinese ungrateful. He's obviously forgotten that it was the Chinese votes that kept him in power when the Malay votes deserted him all those years ago.
Mahathir accuses the Chinese of being 'ungrateful'. He's obviously forgotten that it was the Chinese votes that kept him in power when the Malay votes deserted him all those years ago. Mudah lupa is correct.
I am Chinese and I am grateful. I am grateful for:-
1. Being a citizen of this beautiful country.
2. Having a unique bond with all my Malay, Indian, Kadazandusun and other fellow Malaysians. All of whom I am proud to call my Malaysian brethren.
I am NOT grateful for:-
1. Politicians who constantly try to tell me that I am not part of this nation.
2. A government who throws its citizens crumbs while squandering and pocketing the nation's wealth.
3. A government who buys submarines that don't submerge.
4. A government who spends less on education and health and the people's well-being than on defense.
5. A government who blames me for election results.
I could go on and on but I am sure you get my drift. So, the elections are over. No matter the circumstances under which the new government came into power let's get on with it and work for change. For the better.
I am grateful we have LAT.
1991. Can Malaysians remember back that far? That was when Mahathir launched his Vision 2020. That was when Mahathir spoke of a “Bangsa Malaysia” (Malaysian Race) who competed on meritocracy in a developed nation.
This is the same man who accused other Malaysians of "mudah lupa" (forget easily).